Sarah and Adriana. Beauty enthusiasts from Brisbane, Australia.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Clip in Hair Extension Blending

Dolls, Adriana here. Really excited to share with you a trick that Sarah and I have been using for a while now, that with our experience help hair extensions to blend a thousand times easier, whilst making extension application quicker.

So, I have hair that falls an inch below my shoulders and is quite thick and bulky, making blending an essential for me when I clip my hair extensions. Firstly, I start by sectioning off the top part of my hair, and with the bottom half I create a flat coil and fasten with bobby pins and hairspray. Not only does concealing the bottom section of your hair ensure that this hair is not flicked through to the front, making extension wear obvious but you can also begin applying your clip in hair extensions at the back from the mid way point where you initially sectioned off - by beginning application higher, you will require less hair extensions to blend the top bulk of your hair.



One further trick that I use to ensure my extensions not only blend, but stay in amazing condition is to use Light Moroccan Oil - sparingly on the top of your head, whilst a little more generous through the mid-lengths and ends. Not only does this condition your hair, but it also seamlessly blends your natural hair into your extensions. Post oil, make sure you give your hair and hair extensions a gentle brush through so that they still appear as natural in state.

Add some loose waves to really ensure your hair extensions blend!

I hope these couple of tips were helpful, and if you would like a full tutorial of how we apply our hair extensions, please leave a comment!

- A

2 comments: