Sarah and Adriana. Beauty enthusiasts from Brisbane, Australia.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

How to: Defined eyebrows!

Hey dolls, Sarah here! Today I want to show you a great way to do your eyebrows in a step-by-step!

Before I begin, I want to apologize for the $#!t photo quality. I took these photos with my reverse iPhone camera, but you should still know what to do:)!

This technique is our favourite way to quickly and easily make our eyebrows more defined, and neat looking. Boxing your brows off with concealer! It is especially useful when you've made a mistake whilst drawing on your eyebrows, if they are too thick, uneven, or jagged, you can quickly clean them up using this technique :) It doesn't however, give a natural looking effect. This is for girls who want to really accentuate their eye makeup!

It's also especially useful if you haven't had time to pluck your eyebrows because it will camouflage the hairs, and make the shape of the eyebrow much cleaner. Lets get started :) 


What you will need:
1. A thin angled eye brush


2. A thin concealer brush




3. A spoolie brush


4. An eyebrow pencil (Whatever colour you prefer your brows to be)
I use Shiseido's natural eyebrow pencil, in deep brown.

Time for a new one!

5. Concealer (Liquid works best)
I use MAC Pro-longwear concealer in NC15


6. A brown eyeshadow (optional)
Having a neutral palette is always useful, and usually contains a good brow colour or two :) 

7. An eyebrow gel / brow set (optional)
I use MAC brow set in "Beguile" which is a coloured gel, but a clear mascara works great as well!




Okay!
Here's what I began with.

My natural brow

Trace your natural brow shape, and fill in (I gave my brow a sharper angle, if that's the look you're going for as well)




Then lightly take your spoolie brush over the brow from the front, to the middle to spread, and even out the colour



Your eyebrow should be looking a little more even now, and now you can take your thin concealer brush + a tiny bit of concealer, ready to touch up your edges.



As you can see, the edges of my brows look a lot sharper and tidier now! (You'll also notice that I've spread my concealer out pretty far, so that when I apply my foundation I don't have to get in near my eyebrows and potentially ruin them)



I then take my eyeshadow colour and brush it with my angled eye brush into the middle and outer of my eyebrow shape so that it looks like this: 


And then finish with my brow gel - and that's it!

A really quick and awesome way to define, and clean up your brow look that enhances any eye makeup look as well :)


Hope this is helpful!



S.

No comments:

Post a Comment